Followers

Monday, January 6, 2014

This One Is Mine.

I have three quilts going right now.  One is my daughters Hawaiian quilt, Two, is my granddaughters triangle quilt, and three is MY QUILT.

I am using fabric that was given to me a couple of years ago by a friend that I met on Facebook.

The center fabric is a raw silk with little tiny embroidered roses and the backing is a complementary cotton fabric with roses of the same color. It makes for a perfect match. Wasn't sure what I was going to do with the raw silk as it was too pretty to cut at all so my friend Monica from the Quilters Cottage in Toledo, Oregon, suggested doing a one on one quilt.
Perfect and when I found the backing I was so excited. She helped me to lay it out yesterday and this is what I have accomplished so far. I am going to love this.
The raw silk fabric seems to be a vintage fabric and three of us are in agreement on that. How do you like my combinations?

I am using the vine of the stem and leaves as my quilting guide.



Of course Baxter has to keep an eye out for visitors and then a much needed morning nap. Lab butts make great pillows.
So till tomorrow. 
Have a perfect creative day .

No comments: