Followers

Monday, February 27, 2012

My Vintage needle case

Well, I got my vintage needle case the other day and it is everything that I thought it would be. I has one section that looks like it would hold some buttons or extra thread and three layers for needles and pins. The ends are padded for pin cushions and the leather center looks like it was used to push a needle through heavy fabric.
As a collector its everything I expected. It would have been nice if the velvet on the ends was in a little better condition but heck this is from the 1800's and I think it is okay for that age and it looks as if it was well used  not left to admire.

This is one of my other newest needle cases. It is more Asian in fashion but still very cute and unique.

I also got a vintage sewing basket that has a nice but well worn red silk lining.

The way I look at it if you are going to be sewing you may as well enjoy the tools of the trade and enjoy looking and using tools that were used by someone else many years ago.

1 comment:

Lana Manis said...

LOVE, love love this needlecase in the first set of photos!!! I am quite partial to worn velvet. :)