Followers

Friday, September 9, 2011

Sweet William Wallace's update

As promised I am providing an ongoing progression of the creation of my hooked wall hanging of Sweet William Wallace. Now that I have all this wonderful wool to choose from I have found that I don't have any white or cream colored wool and not wanting to wait any longer, have decided to incorporate some homespun yarn for the light color. Seems to be working just fine and works great for his fine furry strands that wander here and there.
I am still lacking a very light peach or apricot color but making do with what I have.

I feel very good about my work in progress so far. He is watching me from across the room beckoning me to keep on going and finish him so he can hang  on his special place on our wall.
Everything else seems to be taking a back burner but I need to get busy on a giveaway prize at one of my favorite boards. Prim Pals
I hope everyone has a great weekend and if you are in the tragic fire zones that seem to be dotting our wonderful country, I hope that you will be safe from harm and that God shines on you and spares you any major losses.
Hugs for my  home to yours.

3 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Jan, I love your needle punch, I wish I could do that. I am dabbling a little bit in penny rugs. I am a friend of Trish, Lady Bug, I am just stopping by to say hello and let you know that I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Hugs, Lecia

Ladybug said...

Hi Jan

Love the Wallace Needle Punch
Its a Blue Ribbon for sure :-)
Just want to hug him... Yes we sure
need to keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers.....
Have enjoyable weekend
Hugs Ladubug ...

Jan said...

Acutally it is a rug hooking. I have done many needle punch but this one is a hooked piece. Thank you for the compliments.
jan