Followers

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

Well, Happy New Year ** 2014 **  to all my old friends.
Seems like ages since I last posted on here and I am going to make some big changes to that. I am only going to FB to communicate with my friends and family as they seem to find Phones obsolete and it seems that this is the only way to stay up to date with everyone.

I am doing a lot of quilting these days and one of the largest projects is my daughters Hawaiian Quilt. It is queen size and is all hand stitched.
A huge amount of stitching and a labor of love. I am almost finished appliqueing the flower to the top backing then I can begin the quilting portion of it.
This is what it looks like so far. The whole flower is one piece cut like you do with snowflakes but I did separate the center after is was cut.

 I had to baste in all on first the hand turn applique the entire surface. My husband is holding this up above his head. He is 6 feet tall. 



I am also working on this one for my 
granddaughter. 











I am really going to spend more time here and visiting with all my ole blogging friends and catching up with what everyone has been doing this past year. 
If I were to make a new years resolution it would be to spend my time more productively and less time on the computer. 

My husband and I started a new tradition this year. We have started a good things jar. Every day you write about something good that has happened to you today and put it in the jar. When you think that your life is nothing but bad and negative things you go back and read about all the positive things that have happened to you this year. 




Well my dear friends that I hope will stop back in to say hello and visit me again , I am Back. 
Happy New Year to you all from Our home to yours.


No comments: