Followers

Saturday, September 24, 2011

New Rug Hooking for Halloween Gift


I bet you are all LYBO right now. Yes, another project but this is for a gift so it is a little bit different then just starting something new. It has a deadline and a destination. When I saw the project in the new issue of Create and Decorate I knew right then that is was a project that I had to do. My dear friend collects witches hats and this will be a great addition to her collection.
I know I am always showing you WIP but I will get this done as soon as I can. Hopefully within the next week.
There are also a couple of hooked ears of corn that I want to do also, but..... I will wait to do those till I finish my Dear Sweet William Wallace. He is sitting across the room glaring at me to get him done.
I think he is looking very Wallace like and I am so happy with the way he is turning out. I can't wait to see him hanging up on my wall. I do wish though, that he was still sitting beside me . Yes, there is still a big hole in my heart where he used to be. Although he will always be in my heart, there is still that feeling of emptiness where his kisses could always fill. Okay, I have to leave it at that for now.
So, as soon as I get this witches hat done I will post another picture. I am also adding the date of the Salem Witch Trials off to the side of the hat. I think that will be a nice addition.

2 comments:

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Jan , keep in mind we the creative ones (teehee) are a WIP it never ends , life would be so dull if were not for the WIP's . I love them both o that issues of Create has so many great punch patterns I ruined mine drooling , and Im sure it is difficult to work on William Wallace but it is coming along beautifully , you never cease to amaze me ! hope you have a great weekend! hugs lilraggedyangie

Jan said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments. I just can't seem to slow down. Every time I do I fall asleep. Hum... I wonder if maybe I need more rest. heheh
Thanks for your visit Angie.